In this episode...
Renaud and Adrian discuss 5 of the challenges that lie ahead for importers who need to start preparing for 2022 now in August 2021! We've got Covid-19 and its lockdowns and travel restrictions, the shipping situation with enormously high costs and delays, a shortage of electronic components, and an unfavorable USD/RMB exchange rate.
How could these affect you? Keep listening to find out!
00:00 - Introduction.
02:26 - Summary of the 5 challenges we'll discuss: Covid-19, shipping, electronic component shortages, the USD/RMB exchange rate, and why it's too late to ship for Christmas 2021 now and why importers need to hurry up and ship for CNY.
03:52 - Challenge 1. Time (Shipping in time for Christmas and CNY).
05:55 - Challenge 2. Covid-19 (How Covid is still disrupting manufacturing and importers).
19:46 - Challenge 3. Shipping (crazy high costs and delays).
28:31 - Challenge 4. Shortage of electronic components.
31:30 - Challenge 5. USD/RMB exchange rate.
36:53 - Wrapping up
- China’s Factories Are On A Wartime Footing Due To Covid. How Does This Affect You?
- China’s Shipping Bottlenecks June 2021 – What It All Means For You
- Exploring Why Sea Freight Is So Expensive In Summer ’21 [Podcast]
- Lead Time Reduction Strategies [Podcast]
Get in touch with us
- Connect with us on LinkedIn
- Send us a tweet @sofeast
- Prefer Facebook? Check us out on FB
- Contact us via Sofeast's contact page
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Subscribe to the podcast
There are more episodes to come, so remember to subscribe! You can do so in your favorite podcast apps here and don't forget to give us a 5-star rating, please: