In this episode...
Sofeast's CEO Renaud welcomes two guests, Dr. Allen J. Morrison & Dr. J. Stewart Black, to the podcast. These American leadership, strategy, business and manufacturing experts have recently written a new book "Enterprise China: Adopting a Competitive Strategy for Business Success" which was released on December 1st 2022.
Renaud read an advance copy of the book before this interview and discusses China's strategies for economic success and also asks some questions about risk analysis and risk mitigation for companies buying products from China.
00:00 - Greetings & introduction of today's guests.
02:02 - What is 'Enterprise China' about?
03:27 - China's 3-pillar strategy to succeed economically.
There are 3 strategic pillars to China's strategy for success.
- Reducing (or eliminating) their external dependency on importing key technology (03:39)
- Dominate domestically (06:00)
- Winning globally (17:23)
20:55 - Why Western companies seeking growth by looking to the emerging markets may be too late in some cases.
23:44 - How should companies who buy from China do their risk analysis when considering diversifying supply chains to include other sources other than just China?
31:21 - How about a Zero-China strategy?
34:53 - Talking about the book 'Enterprise China,' when it's on sale, and where it can be purchased from.
36:00 - Wrapping up.
- Can We Remove China From Our Supply Chains? [Podcast]
- Globalism 2.0: North American Importers To Move Supply Chains Out Of China Soon? [Podcast]
- Nearshoring To Mexico. An Alternative To China? [Podcast]
- How Sourcing From India Has Changed In 2022 (Part 1: Trends & Manufacturing Landscape)
- Interested in having a conversation about sourcing from other Asian countries? We can help you.
Get in touch with us
- Connect with us on LinkedIn
- Send us a tweet @sofeast
- Prefer Facebook? Check us out on FB
- Contact us via Sofeast's contact page
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Subscribe to the podcast
There are more episodes to come, so remember to subscribe! You can do so in your favorite podcast apps here and don't forget to give us a 5-star rating, please: