In this episode...
Our CEO Renaud is joined by a special guest in this episode, Andrew Hupert, a cross-cultural management and communication expert, coach, and trainer who spent 10+ years in China, is currently based in Mexico, and also creates a podcast you should check out: Globalism 2.0.
They discuss why companies are starting to leave China, in particular, American companies, where they're going, and why Western companies need to start thinking about diversifying supply chains rather than focusing on China alone. Andrew also gives some helpful insight into the business environment of Mexico and why it is a candidate for near-shoring supply chains for some American and Canadian companies.
00:00 - Greetings & Introduction to today's topic.
03:04 - Andrew's background.
04:21 - What is 'Globalism 2.0?'
13:29 - What is a bad scenario in the next few years that companies who manufacture products in China for sale in the USA need to plan for?
21:59 - Is there a timetable where the situation between China and the US becomes very hard for importers?
22:57 - Implementing China +1 and going further.
26:27 - Is Vietnam a potential China alternative?
29:56 - Have a lot of companies selling into the USA & Canada already near-shored their supply chains into Mexico?
33:15 - What's the relationship between Mexico and China?
40:22 - Wrapping up.
- Read Andrew's book: The Fragile Bridge: Conflict Management in Chinese Business
- Follow Andrew on LinkedIn to read his latest posts
- Listen to Andrew's podcast, Globalism 2.0
- Why Your Product’s Final Assembly Should Be Close To Its Key Components
- When Should American Companies Reshore Manufacturing Or Stay In China?
- How To Diversify Manufacturing Sources Out of China and Cut Risk
- Nearshoring To Mexico. An Alternative To China? [Podcast]
Get in touch with us
- Connect with us on LinkedIn
- Send us a tweet @sofeast
- Prefer Facebook? Check us out on FB
- Contact us via Sofeast's contact page
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Subscribe to the podcast
There are more episodes to come, so remember to subscribe! You can do so in your favorite podcast apps here and don't forget to give us a 5-star rating, please: