In this episode...
Many importers are new to sourcing from China so we've been creating a mini-series of episodes that explores the sourcing process with advice and best practices from Sofeast's CEO Renaud Anjoran.
In part 3 of the series, we discussed how to manage your project with your outsourced manufacturer and the role of inspections during the production process.
Now, the production is all but over and your shipment date approaches, but there's one final step before shipping: performing a final inspection. This represents your chance to check the quantity, finished product quality, packaging and labelling, and more, in order to avoid any poor quality products being shipped with no chance to make changes once they arrive with you. Let's explore this important inspection here...
00:00 - Greetings & introduction into where we are in the series and today's topic: final inspections.
02:30 - What are the risks of letting products ship without performing a final inspection?
11:04 - What is a final inspection?
16:18 - When are final inspections usually performed, and why?
19:02 - Where should the final inspection take place and who does it?
24:11 - Why it's a very busy time period for inspections just before Chinese New Year.
25:51 - What are the unique benefits of a final inspection in comparison to earlier product inspections?
31:51 - Wrapping up.
- Final Random Inspection: A Guide For Importers
- Timing for a final random inspection
- Final product inspections: should the whole order be ready?
- Sourcing from China 101, Part 10: Always Verify Quality Before Shipment
- DIY Sourcing From China Part 3: Project Management & Checking Quality Early [Podcast]
- DIY Sourcing From China Part 2: Negotiations, Terms, Leverage, & Quality Standards [Podcast]
- DIY Sourcing From China Part 1: Good Fit, Sourcing, Vetting, & Backups [Podcast]
- Explore, get costs, and book your Final Random Inspection from Sofeast.
Get in touch with us
- Connect with us on LinkedIn
- Send us a tweet @sofeast
- Prefer Facebook? Check us out on FB
- Contact us via Sofeast's contact page
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Subscribe to the podcast
There are more episodes to come, so remember to subscribe! You can do so in your favorite podcast apps here and don't forget to give us a 5-star rating, please: