In this episode...
Sofeast CEO Renaud Anjoran talks sourcing with Adrian from the team. There's a focus on sourcing from China for importers who have decided to handle it themselves. This follows on from Episode 65 where we explored the 4 different sourcing options, where 'DIY' was one of them.
So, let's say you're doing your own sourcing, how do you find suitable suppliers, verify them, and cultivate backups for if you have issues? Renaud gives you lots of insight and advice about these early-stage sourcing activities here!
00:00 - Introduction.
02:23 - How to identify 'good fit' suppliers for yourself and why there are no 'good' or 'bad' suppliers out there.
14:25 - A list of sourcing actions to take to find new suppliers. Finding a supplier who can be a reliable partner in the medium or long term is a process.
- 15:13 - Identify what a good fit for your needs is (discussed earlier).
- 19:35 - Start searching for suppliers.
22:00 - Screening or vetting potential suppliers you've found.
- 24:07 - Contact the supplier.
29:04 - Get even more help with vetting new Chinese suppliers by listening to our podcast series about it: Vetting new suppliers in China series.
29:40 - If you have found a good fit supplier, is a backup option from your shortlist strictly necessary?
40:01 - Wrapping up
- How To Find Trustworthy Suppliers In China In 2021
- OEM, ODM, Contract Manufacturers: Which Chinese Supplier To Choose?
- Are Suppliers We Find On Alibaba.com And GlobalSources.com Trustworthy?
- How To Switch To A Newer, Better Chinese Manufacturer? [eBook]
- New supplier/factory sourcing (get help from Sofeast)
- Supplier due diligence (get help from Sofeast)
Get in touch with us
- Connect with us on LinkedIn
- Send us a tweet @sofeast
- Prefer Facebook? Check us out on FB
- Contact us via Sofeast's contact page
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Subscribe to the podcast
There are more episodes to come, so remember to subscribe! You can do so in your favorite podcast apps here and don't forget to give us a 5-star rating, please: