In this episode...
The Sofeast Group's head of New Product Development, Andrew Amirnovin, joins Adrian once again to discuss what the product return rate is and how to reduce yours.
He provides a checklist of activities you can take during development to avoid issues that result in returns, and, should the worst happen and you start receiving returns on products that have been sold already, he also gives you a series of activities to follow to triage and fix the problems.
Don't miss it, this information could save you a LOT of effort, money, and damage to your reputation!
00:00 - Greetings, introducing the topic.
01:17 - Andrew introduces his role as new product development head in the Sofeast group.
02:58 - What is the product return rate?
05:07 - How return rates vary depending on product type.
06:45 - What are the 5 main causes of product returns?
10:37 - 7 Steps you can take to ensure you get as low a return rate as possible BEFORE the product is sold.
25:51 - If a product you’re already selling starts getting returned, what can you do? (6 steps)
33:00 - Some famous product recalls.
36:10 - The role of the NPI process.
38:27 - Wrap up.
- Our foreign-owned and managed contract manufacturing subsidiary Agilian Technology can help you develop and mass produce your new product in China.
- Read The New Product Introduction Process Guide for Hardware Startups
- Watch New Product Introduction Process Walkthrough (For New Electronic Products)
- Listen to The NPI Process: Trouble Awaits If You Skip Its Steps!
- Watch a number of videos we created about the NPI process
- The Takata airbag scandal
Get in touch with us
- Connect with us on LinkedIn
- Send us a tweet @sofeast
- Prefer Facebook? Check us out on FB
- Contact us via Sofeast's contact page
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Subscribe to the podcast
There are more episodes to come, so remember to subscribe! You can do so in your favorite podcast apps here and don't forget to give us a 5-star rating, please: