In This Episode...
Renaud Anjoran, Sofeast's CEO, joins Adrian from the team to explore product development agreements that clarify your expectations, protect your IP, keep leverage over your supplier, provide you with transparency and control over your supply chain, and make it 100% clear who is responsible for what when working with a supplier on developing a new product that is going to be manufactured in China or other Asian countries.
00:00 - Introducing the episode
00:45 - What is a product development agreement?
03:46 - Common risks that a PD agreement will protect against
07:03 - Is working with a contract manufacturer best when developing a new product?
12:04 - The 3 key phases of a product development agreement -
17:44 - Key points that a development agreement needs to clarify
25:31 - The difference between owning Intellectual property rights and the 'deliverables'
29:44 - Retaining the ability to switch to another manufacturer as a worst-case scenario
31:04 - Wrapping up
- How To Protect Product IP When Working With Contractors & Factories In Different Locations? [6 tips]
- How Far Does An NNN Agreement Need To Go To Protect Your IP In China?
- How To Create A Valid Manufacturing Contract In China To Protect Your IP
- China Manufacturing and Product Type Chaos
- International Manufacturing Agreements and the Questions We Ask
- The NPI Process [Podcast]
- Sofeast's partners (includes a specialist law firm)
Get in touch with us
- Connect with us on LinkedIn
- Send us a tweet @sofeast
- Prefer Facebook? Check us out on FB
- Contact us via Sofeast's contact page
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Subscribe to the podcast
There are more episodes to come, so remember to subscribe! You can do so in your favorite podcast apps here: