In this episode...
Sofeast's CEO Renaud Anjoran is joined by Adrian from the team and they go through what deliverables buyers can expect to receive when working with suppliers during a new product development project in order to get safe, high-quality products into mass production.
If you are developing a new product, you'll get a good grounding into what should be performed and documented during the process from product R&D through to mass production, including design files, the BOM, how to reduce risks, the control plan, inspections, pre-production validation testing, and more.
00:00 - Introduction.
01:03 - Going through the NPD process from the buyer's side and its deliverables in detail.
- 04:06 - The latest version of design files.
- 05:42 - The BOM.
- 07:28 - Risk mitigation.
09:28 - Elements and learnings from the automotive industry (PPAP).
- 10:49 - Risk analysis - FMEA on design & processes.
- 14:28 - The process flow chart/diagram.
- 15:55 - The control plan.
- 19:37 - Calibration or verification certificates of fixtures and instruments for checking quality.
- 21:44 - Product QC inspections.
- 23:31 - Pilot run stage - EVT, DVT, PVT.
- 28:03 - Engineering changes.
- 29:23 - Prototypes/tooling/PP samples.
31:44 - Does every type of part or product require such stringent deliverables?
33:45 - Wrapping up
- Analysing the (NPI) New Product Introduction Process & its Benefits [Podcast]
- Why Pilot Runs Are A 'Must-Do' When Launching New Products [Podcast]
- NPI Process (New Product Introduction)
- NPD Project Constraints (3 common examples)
- Why You Need Mature Product Designs BEFORE Working With A Chinese Manufacturer!
- 3 Key Process Improvement Tools You Need To Start Using: Flow Chart, FMEA, Control Plan
- Developing New Products? Which Suppliers Are The Right Fit For You?
- The New Product Introduction Process For Hardware Startups [Guide]
Get in touch with us
- Connect with us on LinkedIn
- Send us a tweet @sofeast
- Prefer Facebook? Check us out on FB
- Contact us via Sofeast's contact page
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Subscribe to the podcast
There are more episodes to come, so remember to subscribe! You can do so in your favorite podcast apps here and don't forget to give us a 5-star rating, please: