Join Renaud Anjoran, Founder & CEO of Sofeast, in this podcast aimed at importers who develop their own products as he discusses the hottest topics and shares actionable tips for manufacturing in China & Asia today! WHO IS RENAUD? Renaud is a French ISO 9001 & 14001 certified lead auditor, ASQ certified Quality Engineer and Quality Manager who has been working in the Chinese manufacturing industry since 2005. He is the founder of the Sofeast group that has over 200 staff globally and offers services (QA, product development & engineering, project management, Supply Chain Management, product compliance, reliability testing), contract manufacturing, and 3PL fulfillment for importers and businesses who develop their own products and buyers from China & SE Asia. WHY LISTEN? We‘ll discuss interesting topics for anyone who develops and sources their products from Asian suppliers and will share Renaud‘s decades of manufacturing experience, as well as inviting guests from the industry to get a different viewpoint. Our goal is to help you get better results and end up with suppliers and products that exceed your expectations!
Friday Aug 12, 2022
Friday Aug 12, 2022
In this episode...
Sofeast's podcasting duo, our CEO Renaud Anjoran and Adrian from the team are back to talk about strategies that importers who are placing large and valuable orders with their overseas manufacturers and performing a lot of product inspections can follow to optimize the inspection schedule to get better results and, perhaps, reduce costs without increasing risks, and upstream preventive measures that can be put in place to improve quality before and during production that reduce the need for as many inspections in the first place.
SMEs and larger companies that regularly do a lot of business with Asian manufacturers could benefit from cost and time savings and reduced risks with this advice.
00:00 - Greetings
01:05 - Changes to Hong Kong Covid quarantine and news of Covid lockdowns in Yiwu (although not too severe).
11:02 - Today's topic: How to optimize QC inspections and get better results. Why would a business seek to do this?
16:22 - Adjusting inspection type, severity, and regularity could be a helpful cost-saving exercise.
18:26 - What does a business need to prepare before starting an optimization initiative like this?
23:38 - What information should we gather from the supplier's side?
35:35 - Which kinds of importers this upstream product development and process optimization is more relevant to?
37:03 - Delegating inspections to the supplier over time (without raising risks, hopefully).
41:56 - Wrap-up.
- Get a quotation from Sofeast for help from our quality engineers and QA team who will assess your situation and find ways to make the optimizations discussed here: QA/QC Inspection Optimization Services
- Read more about why Supplier Self-Inspections Are Getting More Popular in China
- Learn about Switching from Acceptance Sampling to Process Control
- HK is cutting hotel quarantine to 3 days, plus 4 days medical surveillance
- How To Switch To A Newer, Better Chinese Manufacturer? [eBook]
- Why you need a good quality standard
- Explore boundary/limit samples
- Read The New Product Introduction Process Guide for Hardware Startups
- Listen to The NPI Process: Trouble Awaits If You Skip Its Steps!
Get in touch with us
- Connect with us on LinkedIn
- Send us a tweet @sofeast
- Prefer Facebook? Check us out on FB
- Contact us via Sofeast's contact page
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Subscribe to the podcast
There are more episodes to come, so remember to subscribe! You can do so in your favorite podcast apps here and don't forget to give us a 5-star rating, please: