In this episode...
Sofeast's CEO Renaud is joined again by Clive Greenwood of SMC GLOBAL Manufacturing Consultants, to continue discussing the EU Ecodesign for Sustainable Products Regulation that's going to have quite a significant effect on importers of products into the EU.
In part 1 on this topic, they explained what the EU ESPR is and why it's something importers need to start preparing for now.
Now, in part 2, they're going to talk you through how to comply with the regulation, providing some actionable advice to get you started.
00:00 - Greetings & Introduction to today's topic: EU Ecodesign Regulation.
02:26 - Why is product design important?
08:07 - The role of 'Repairability' and 'Maintainability.'
10:12 - The need to document your approach.
12:03 - How product designs will need to change according to the EU ESPR proposal [quotes].
18:38 - Addressing 'Greenwashing.'
20:47 - Postmarket surveillance.
25:01 - Calculating energy consumption throughout the product lifecycle.
30:11 - Supply chain information will be transparent - suppliers who are more sustainable will be preferred.
34:37 - The example of garments and their supply chain.
37:58 - Detailed traceability & visibility over the supply chain - requirements.
43:18 - ESPR will evolve over time and cause headaches for importers...
46:23 - The key data you need to start collecting NOW.
48:13 - Will ESPR negatively impact SMEs more than large businesses?
52:36 - You have been warned!
- What is the EU Ecodesign for Sustainable Products Regulation?
- The EU Ecodesign Regulation Is Coming, But Are You Prepared? (Part 1)
- We support clients to comply with ESPR, too, so if you're stuck or concerned Sofeast's experts can help you get control of your supply chain and become more sustainable
- REGULATION OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL
(establishing a framework for setting ecodesign requirements for sustainable products
and repealing Directive 2009/125/EC) - if you want to read the forthcoming regulation in full.
- Ecodesign for sustainable products
- What is the EU Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive (CSRD)?
- Sofeast can help you do a full background check on new (or existing) suppliers in Asia
- We can also source suppliers who provide transparent supply chain information to help you comply with EU demands
Get in touch with us
- Connect with us on LinkedIn
- Send us a tweet @sofeast
- Prefer Facebook? Check us out on FB
- Contact us via Sofeast's contact page
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Subscribe to the podcast
There are more episodes to come, so remember to subscribe! You can do so in your favorite podcast apps here and don't forget to give us a 5-star rating, please: