Join Renaud Anjoran, Founder & CEO of Sofeast, in this podcast aimed at importers who develop their own products as he discusses the hottest topics and shares actionable tips for manufacturing in China & Asia today! WHO IS RENAUD? Renaud is a French ISO 9001 & 14001 certified lead auditor, ASQ certified Quality Engineer and Quality Manager who has been working in the Chinese manufacturing industry since 2005. He is the founder of the Sofeast group that has over 200 staff globally and offers services (QA, product development & engineering, project management, Supply Chain Management, product compliance, reliability testing), contract manufacturing, and 3PL fulfillment for importers and businesses who develop their own products and buyers from China & SE Asia. WHY LISTEN? We‘ll discuss interesting topics for anyone who develops and sources their products from Asian suppliers and will share Renaud‘s decades of manufacturing experience, as well as inviting guests from the industry to get a different viewpoint. Our goal is to help you get better results and end up with suppliers and products that exceed your expectations!
Friday Oct 29, 2021
Friday Oct 29, 2021
In this episode...
Sofeast's CEO Renaud Anjoran is joined by two guests, Clive Greenwood and Andrew Wilson of WWMG associates to discuss the topic of liability for product safety issues. There's commonly a disconnect between Chinese manufacturers and their foreign customers over who is liable for any problems, such as consumer injury, caused by the products that they worked on. It depends on a number of things, such as who has the design authority and who issues the design specifications, etc.
If you are importing products you really need to have a handle on liability, as the consequences could be extremely costly and uncomfortable.
The panel aim to get to the bottom of it here...
00:00 - Introduction.
01:26 - When an American company, for example, works with a Chinese manufacturer to develop a new product, what do they expect the manufacturer to tell them?
05:00 - Product liability laws in the US & EU.
07:53 - How 'design authority' can be used to attribute liability.
12:09 - Post-DFMEA liability.
15:43 - Why letting your Chinese manufacturer 'help' develop a product could be a big mistake.
21:13 - Compliance for medical devices/products.
24:01 - Action items for companies who're designing a general consumer product to be manufactured in China.
31:58 - Product safety. What do we need to consider?
38:29 - Conclusion.
40:49 - Wrapping up.
- Product Design Reliability Drives User Safety
- Why Product Safety, Quality, and Reliability Are Tightly Linked
- Buyers of Masks and other PPE: Are You Exposed to Serious Liability?
- Would Liability Insurance Protect You when Buying Product from China?
- If The EU MDR Is Product Compliance’s Future – Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid! [Podcast]
- What Is Compliance Testing? [Podcast]
- 11 Common Electronic Product Certification And Compliance Requirements
- IP Protection in China when Developing Your New Product [Importer’s Guide]
- EU MDR Compliance When Developing A New Medical Device: High-Level Steps [Guide]
- Guide to vetting Chinese suppliers [Podcast series]
Get in touch with us
- Connect with us on LinkedIn
- Send us a tweet @sofeast
- Prefer Facebook? Check us out on FB
- Contact us via Sofeast's contact page
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Subscribe to the podcast
There are more episodes to come, so remember to subscribe! You can do so in your favorite podcast apps here and don't forget to give us a 5-star rating, please: