In this episode...
Our CEO Renaud and Adrian from the Sofeast team delve into what a great Quality Assurance program for new electronic products looks like, as new products come with a large number of unknown risks (there are many things that can go wrong in terms of components, firmware, testing, production processes, and more, which we'll get into).
Controlling these risks has become harder for importers since Covid as it's not always possible to travel to China (and other Asian countries to a lesser extent) easily or at all, meaning that they were not able to oversee the development and manufacturing of their products increasing the risks of them going into production with problems.
So, how to use local resources to do Quality Assurance activities to control those risks in your new electronic product, and what does a QA program for new electronics include?
00:00 - Greetings, mentioning Renaud's recent trip to India to check out component suppliers.
01:55 - Introducing the topic: Why Quality Assurance is particularly important for new electronics that have a lot of risks.
Electronics QA Program
07:21 - Activities to do at the start of product development.
20:34 - Activities do when the design is frozen and we're transferring to manufacturing.
27:49 - Activities to do during mass production.
31:08 - Wrapping up.
- Sofeast provides electronics QA programs for our clients - explore them & get a quotation for your project!
- Watch as Renaud walks you through a typical QA program in this video
- Read The New Product Introduction Process Guide for Hardware Startups
- Watch New Product Introduction Process Walkthrough (For New Electronic Products)
- Read What Is A Quality Assurance Plan?
- Listen to The NPI Process: Trouble Awaits If You Skip Its Steps!
Get in touch with us
- Connect with us on LinkedIn
- Send us a tweet @sofeast
- Prefer Facebook? Check us out on FB
- Contact us via Sofeast's contact page
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Subscribe to the podcast
There are more episodes to come, so remember to subscribe! You can do so in your favorite podcast apps here and don't forget to give us a 5-star rating, please: