In this episode...
Sofeast's CEO Renaud Anjoran is joined by experienced British product designer Andy Bartlett to discuss the NPI process and product design best practices for new and unique products, and the disconnect between expectations and reality of many entrepreneurs or companies who are inexperienced in developing new products.
Andy brings a product designer's point of view to show and he and Renaud explore some of the most critical product design and development stages, why they're so important, some examples of products that had issues and why, and certain mistakes to avoid for product development rookies.
00:00 - Introduction.
02:11 - What is the disconnect between expectation and reality when developing a new product and why might this happen?
08:36 - Why the early design work is critical as it determines so much of later work in the project.
10:51 - An example of a poorly designed product that negatively affected the whole NPI project.
15:16 - Getting to the answer "NO."
20:03 - The key takeaways about early design work.
21:35 - Getting to prototypes quickly (agile product development).
28:04 - Common mistakes that can cause problems once mass production starts.
36:26 - An example of what happens to you if your product causes injury or death.
38:31 - Benefits of going to market with a Minumum Viable Proposition.
40:20 - Wrapping up
- Why New Product Development of Electronics Takes So Long
- Look out for feature creep when developing a new product
- What is agile design when developing a new product?
- Prototyping Process To Test & Refine a New Product Design
- What Are The New Product Development Deliverables? [Podcast]
- Analysing the (NPI) New Product Introduction Process & its Benefits [Podcast]
- Why Pilot Runs Are A 'Must-Do' When Launching New Products [Podcast]
- NPI Process (New Product Introduction)
- The New Product Introduction Process For Hardware Startups [Guide]
- Learn more about the supersonic Concorde airliner
Get in touch with us
- Connect with us on LinkedIn
- Send us a tweet @sofeast
- Prefer Facebook? Check us out on FB
- Contact us via Sofeast's contact page
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Subscribe to the podcast
There are more episodes to come, so remember to subscribe! You can do so in your favorite podcast apps here and don't forget to give us a 5-star rating, please: