In this episode...
Renaud and Adrian discuss the 4 options open to you when you're sourcing from China, including their pros and cons. Renaud also provides some insight into what exactly it takes to source directly from Chinese manufacturers yourself and shares some best practices for you to consider.
Loosely based on this graphic, they talk about commissioned agents, trading companies, third-party service providers (like us) who provide sourcing as a paid service, and doing it yourself by going direct to manufacturers:
00:00 - Introduction.
01:23 - Is sourcing from China as simple as finding a supplier on Alibaba, Global Sources, etc?
04:28 - The dangers of going for 'the lowest price'
07:57 - What YOU need to be able to commit to if you're sourcing from China yourself
09:24 - If you're planning to source from China, what options do you have? - There are 4 sourcing options: DIY, commissioned agent, trading company, and third-party sourcing company:
12:28 - (1) Commissioned agents
19:46 - (2) Trading companies
27:14 - (3) Third-Party service provider
33:33 - (4) Doing it yourself
34:55 - How to grab a free copy of Sofeast's 80+ page eBook that can help importers start out with sourcing from China
35:20 - Some closing tips from Renaud for better sourcing from China
38:19 - Tackling quality management
39:10 - Wrapping up
- Read Sofeast's free eBook: The Ultimate Guide To Sourcing From China And Developing Your Suppliers
- How To Find Trustworthy Suppliers In China In 2021
- Do You Really Need A Sourcing Agent in China Or Can You Do It Yourself?
- How to start buying direct in China
- The terms you need to negotiate with a new supplier
- Sourcing new suppliers (get help from Sofeast)
- Supplier background check (get help from Sofeast)
Get in touch with us
- Connect with us on LinkedIn
- Send us a tweet @sofeast
- Prefer Facebook? Check us out on FB
- Contact us via Sofeast's contact page
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Subscribe to the podcast
There are more episodes to come, so remember to subscribe! You can do so in your favorite podcast apps here and don't forget to give us a 5-star rating, please: