Join Renaud Anjoran, Founder & CEO of Sofeast, in this podcast aimed at importers who develop their own products as he discusses the hottest topics and shares actionable tips for manufacturing in China & Asia today! WHO IS RENAUD? Renaud is a French ISO 9001 & 14001 certified lead auditor, ASQ certified Quality Engineer and Quality Manager who has been working in the Chinese manufacturing industry since 2005. He is the founder of the Sofeast group that has over 200 staff globally and offers services (QA, product development & engineering, project management, Supply Chain Management, product compliance, reliability testing), contract manufacturing, and 3PL fulfillment for importers and businesses who develop their own products and buyers from China & SE Asia. WHY LISTEN? We‘ll discuss interesting topics for anyone who develops and sources their products from Asian suppliers and will share Renaud‘s decades of manufacturing experience, as well as inviting guests from the industry to get a different viewpoint. Our goal is to help you get better results and end up with suppliers and products that exceed your expectations!
Friday Dec 30, 2022
NY Special: Sofeast Review of 2022’s Top Stories for Importers
Friday Dec 30, 2022
Friday Dec 30, 2022
In this episode...
Renaud and Adrian review 2022's largest geopolitical and new stories that have affected manufacturers with supply chains in China (and other Asian countries to a lesser extent).
Covid has continued to be problematic in China for numerous reasons, even now that the Zero Covid policy has been dropped, the Russian invasion has the world nervously looking at China's actions towards Taiwan, the USA and China continue to fight a trade war, and other Western countries' relationships with China have also started to worsen. That's just a few of the stories discussed!
We also cover some of the Sofeast group's activities and achievements during 2022, and refresh your memory about our top podcasts and best pieces of content published during the year!
See you back here in 2023! 😉
00:00 - New Year's Greetings
01:20 - Covid's effects in 2022 and into 2023.
08:57 - Logistics and shipping costs and availability.
12:06 - Russia's invasion of Ukraine.
15:14 - The US/China trade war and tech war.
21:03 - Political friction increasing between the West and China.
24:27 - The expansion of Chinese-owned enterprises around the world and the future of ODM products.
29:21 - Key Sofeast group highlights from 2022.
33:01 - Top podcast episodes of 2022.
These episodes were the most popular with you all this year.
- Is It Time For North American Importers To Leave China? (Feat. Andrew Hupert)
- How to develop your Chinese suppliers? - Sourcing from China (Part 7)
- Levels of Quality Standards (from Basic to Advanced)
- An Effective QA Program For New Electronic Products
- ’Design for X’ Overview: 12 Optimizations for New Products (Feat. Andrew Amirnovin)
- The One ’MUST DO’ Before Mass Producing Your New Product (Feat. Andrew Amirnovin)
- Chinese Or Western Model Manufacturer. Which To Use In China?
- Risks You Face When Skipping New Product Introduction Steps (feat. Andrew Amirnovin)
- Factory Audits = Better Suppliers = Better Quality Products. Real Data Analysis! (Feat. Prof. Neale O’Connor FCPA)
- Calculating the Cash Needed to Prototype and Launch your New Product
- How To Start Developing Your New Product (Feat. Liz Long)
38:33 - Sofeast Content highlights
- A series of in-depth articles about the types of plastics that can be chosen for various common types of products like signage, electronic products, etc. How to Choose the Correct Outdoor Plastics for your next Product? (4 Guides) and Sourcing Guides for Internal Use Plastic Mechanical Parts.
- Content about product environmental impacts:
- What is the EU Ecodesign for Sustainable Products Regulation?
- The EU Ecodesign Regulation Is Coming, But Are You Prepared? (Podcast part 1)
- How To Comply With The EU Ecodesign Regulation? (Podcast part 2)
- Lifecycle Assessment (LCA) and Environmental Product Declaration (EPD) Requirements: What Manufacturers need to know
- How To Do an LCA? (Measuring a Product’s Environmental Impact)
- Minimizing a Product’s ‘Cradle to Grave’ Environmental Impact
- 15 Key Eco Certifications For Green Manufacturers
- Blog posts about sourcing different popular products from India.
41:25 - Wrapping up ~ happy new year to all of our listeners! 🎉
- Ultimate Guide To Sourcing From China And Developing Your Suppliers [FREE eBook]
- Get help from Sofeast to comply with the EU Ecodesign regulation if you import into Europe.
- Sofeast assists you with LCA and/or EPD Support (For Measuring a Product’s Environmental Impact)
- We will continue to blog every month on Sofeast's blog, QualityInspection.org, and the Agilian Technology blog.
Get in touch with us
- Connect with us on LinkedIn
- Send us a tweet @sofeast
- Prefer Facebook? Check us out on FB
- Contact us via Sofeast's contact page
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Don't forget to grab our monthly newsletter where we remind you about our latest content so you won't miss a thing - subscribe to the Sofeast newsletter here.
Subscribe to the podcast
There are more episodes to come, so remember to subscribe! You can do so in your favorite podcast apps here and don't forget to give us a 5-star rating, please:
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.