Join Renaud Anjoran, Founder & CEO of Sofeast, in this podcast aimed at importers who develop their own products as he discusses the hottest topics and shares actionable tips for manufacturing in China & Asia today! WHO IS RENAUD? Renaud is a French ISO 9001 & 14001 certified lead auditor, ASQ certified Quality Engineer and Quality Manager who has been working in the Chinese manufacturing industry since 2005. He is the founder of the Sofeast group that has over 200 staff globally and offers services (QA, product development & engineering, project management, Supply Chain Management, product compliance, reliability testing), contract manufacturing, and 3PL fulfillment for importers and businesses who develop their own products and buyers from China & SE Asia. WHY LISTEN? We‘ll discuss interesting topics for anyone who develops and sources their products from Asian suppliers and will share Renaud‘s decades of manufacturing experience, as well as inviting guests from the industry to get a different viewpoint. Our goal is to help you get better results and end up with suppliers and products that exceed your expectations!
Friday Jun 02, 2023
Friday Jun 02, 2023
Renaud and Adrian from Sofeast are talking about forthcoming sustainability requirements which are going to require importers to have a LOT more visibility over their supply chains, especially those who sell in the EU. They dig into how this will affect you in this episode...
00:00 - Greetings and introduction.
01:40 - The EU 'Green Deal's' new sustainability requirements and what they mean.
07:35 - What sustainability information must be collected?
17:12 - How easy will it be to get visibility into your supply chain?
29:18 - Approaches used to oversee supply chains.
43:46 - Why the old business model of buying off-the-shelf products from an ODM will probably need to change?
46:14 - Conclusion: What you can do to prepare and how this will affect many areas in future.
- Get help from Sofeast to comply with EU sustainability regulations: EU Ecodesign Regulation Risk Assessment & Preparation
- WSJ article: Companies Rush to Trace Sprawling Supply Chains as Sustainability Rules Loom
- The EU Green Deal
- What is the EU Ecodesign for Sustainable Products Regulation?
- 23 Ideas For Producing More Eco-Friendly Products
- How To Get Transparency And Control Over Your Supply Chain? [podcast]
- Design For Sustainability
- 15 Key Eco Certifications For Green Manufacturers
- Various Green Manufacturing Resources
Get in touch with us
- Connect with us on LinkedIn
- Send us a tweet @sofeast
- Prefer Facebook? Check us out on FB
- Contact us via Sofeast's contact page
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Subscribe to the podcast
There are more episodes to come, so remember to subscribe! You can do so in your favorite podcast apps here and don't forget to give us a 5-star rating, please: