In this episode...
Sofeast CEO Renaud is joined by a returning guest, Clive Greenwood of SMC GLOBAL Manufacturing Consultants, to talk about new EU regulations that are coming in soon about supply chain transparency and 'Ecodesign.'
If you sell products in Europe you're going to be affected by today's topic soon, and the regulations promise to spread globally, too, in due course, so hit play to listen to what the future will be bringing in terms of supply chain transparency and Ecodesign.
00:00 - Greetings & Introduction to today's topic
01:19 - Some background.
03:29 - What is the Ecodesign regulation going to be?
07:12 - Verifying the supply chain
17:12 - A LOT more due diligence will be required by buyers.
21:00 - What's the difference between an EU directive and an EU regulation?
23:10 - Compliance with the Ecodesign for sustainable products regulation will be taxable.
25:00 - Targeting 'bad' industries like Fast fashion.
28:23 - How ready are YOU?
33:01 - Traceability using a product passport.
38:09 - The CSRD (EU Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive) will replace the NFRD (EU Non-Financial Reporting Directive) reporting requirements starting in 2023.
41:02 - What can YOU do to cope with these changes?
44:40 - Summary of what the EU Ecodesign regulation focuses on.
45:40 - Wrapping up.
- How To Get Transparency And Control Over Your Supply Chain? [podcast]
- REGULATION OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL
(establishing a framework for setting ecodesign requirements for sustainable products
and repealing Directive 2009/125/EC) - if you want to read the forthcoming regulation in full.
- Ecodesign for sustainable products
- What is the EU Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive (CSRD)?
- How To Push a Chinese or Vietnamese Supplier for Supply Chain Transparency
- Sofeast can help you do a full background check on new (or existing) suppliers in Asia
- We can also source suppliers who provide transparent supply chain information to help you comply with EU demands
Get in touch with us
- Connect with us on LinkedIn
- Send us a tweet @sofeast
- Prefer Facebook? Check us out on FB
- Contact us via Sofeast's contact page
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Subscribe to the podcast
There are more episodes to come, so remember to subscribe! You can do so in your favorite podcast apps here and don't forget to give us a 5-star rating, please: